This is a perfect tea time snack☕. When you serve this hot pakodas/ fritters along with a good chai / tea it will be finished in no time ?. I hope you will give a try and enjoy.
Shallots – 10 to 15 roughly chopped
Gram flour/ Besan – 1/4 cup
Rice flour – 1 tbsn
Ginger – 1 tsp ( finely chopped)
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Asafoetida – a generous pinch
Salt – as required
Water – less than 1/4 cup
Oil – to deep fry
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add water little by little to make batter. It should not be very thin or very thick.
- Add shallots and mix it.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- When the oil is really hot, turn to medium flame.
- Drop the batter in spoon or hand in small amounts.
- Fry all sides till it’s cooked.
- Serve warm with hot chai.
- You can add 1 or 2 finely chopped green chillies also.