This is a humble dish to celebrate my 25 th post. I know this number is not big but still for me, from a homemaker to a food blogger transition is not simple. So I thought of celebrating by saying thanks to few and this simple, no mess caramel bread pudding.
I want to thank my blogger friend Srividhya of Vidhya’s Vegetarian Kitchen, who encouraged me when I said about starting blog. She didn’t think twice to clear my silliest doubts. And I thank all my readers and followers whose like and comments make my day. At last I thank my family and friends who support me unconditionally.
Coming to recipe , this is easy way of making bread pudding, no mess. I made it by steaming in idli pot.
Bread – 2 slices
Milk – 1/4 cup
Egg – 1
Sugar – as required
Butter – 1 tbsn
Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
To make caramel
Sugar – 2 tsp
Water – 1 tsp
- First make caramel by taking sugar and water in a bowl you choose to make pudding. ( Preferably stainless steel)
- When the sugar turns golden brown switch off, swirl around the bowl and keep it aside. Let it cool.
- Take remaining ingredients in blender and blend till smooth.
- Pour it into the bowl with caramel.
- Heat idli pan/ steamer with water. Keep a base plate .
- Keep the bowl and steam till the inserted tooth pick comes out clean.
- Let it cool completely before unmould.
- You can keep it in fridge if you like to have chilled.
- Unmould and serve. Best when chilled.
- I used whole wheat bread. You can use white bread too.