This is a variety of dosa from Andhra Pradesh, a south Indian state. This is a protein packed food apt for breakfast.
Green gram – 2 cups
Rice – 3 tbsn ( I used sona masoori)
Green chilli – 2
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece
Salt – as required
- Soak green gram and rice for 4 to 6 hours.
- Grind it along green chilli and ginger to smooth paste with required water.
- Add salt. Add required water to make it to dosa batter consistency.
- On hot tawa, pour a laddle of batter and spread to thin dosa.
- Pour a spoon of oil over it. Cook both sides and serve along chutney or sambar.
- You can sprinkle onions over dosa while cooking. ( I didn’t add)
- This batter need not required fermentation. You can use as soon as grinding.