After making Vegetable biriyani successfully using boiled ponni rice, I got confidence to make other rice varieties using it. This time I made Vegetable Pulao and it also turned great.??
Boiled ponni rice – 1 1/2 cups
Water – 2 cups
Coconut milk – 2 cups
Carrot – 1 big finely chopped
Green Peas – 1/4 cup ( I used frozen)
Onion – 1/2 cup thinly sliced
Green chilli – 2 slit lengthwise
Ginger garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
Bay leaf – 1
Cinnamon stick – a small piece
Cloves – 2
Cardamom – 1 or 2
Butter – 1 tsp
Oil – 1 tsp
Salt – as required
- Soak rice for 30 mins and drain water. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil and butter in a pan. When the butter melts add bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cloves and cardamom.
- Stir for few seconds and add onions ,green chillies. When onions turn translucent add ginger garlic paste.
- When the raw smell goes add carrots and green peas. Stir and cook covered for 2 minutes.
- Add drained rice. Stir thoroughly. Transfer to the rice cooker.
- Add water and coconut milk. Add required salt. Switch on rice cooker.
- When done serve along with your favorite gravy.
- You can add cashews and raisens while sauteing onions.
- You can add only water or change water , coconut milk ratio as per your choice.