Garlic is one ingredient which have many medicinal value. It is added a lot in post partum diet. It have anti inflammatory property. It controls the fatty cells in our body.
So adding garlic in our daily diet is a way of being healthy. Here I give you a chutney recipe using garlic. Those who don’t like garlic too will love this chutney for sure. Hope you give a try.
Garlic pods – 1/2 cup
Channa dal – 2 tbsn
Dry red chilli – 2
Grated Coconut – 2 tbsn
Curry leaves – few
Coriander leaves – few
Tamarind – A small piece
Tomato – 1 medium sized
Salt – As required
Oil – 1 tbsn
- Heat oil in a pan, add channa dal.
- When it turns golden add dry red chilli, curry leaves , coriander leaves and tamarind.
- Saute for a minute and add garlic pods.
- Saute till garlic turns golden and add grated coconut.
- Mix thoroughly. Add tomato without cutting. Let it cook till the skin shrink.
- Switch off. When it cools down grind in the mixer with required salt and water to desired consistency. (Smooth or Coarse)
- Serve along with Idli or Dosa.