When I was looking for a cake to try my hands on first time, I stumbled upon this Whole wheat Ragi chocolate cake. I decided to give a try as it is super healthy. I did adjusted a little with the ingredients. It turned to be super good. Kids loved it. You can have it as dessert or pack in snack box for kids.
This Valentine’s day bake this healthy yummy cake for your loved ones.
Whole wheat flour – 1 cup
Ragi/ Finger millet flour – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 3/4 cup
Coconut milk – 1/4 cup
Salt – a pinch
Baking powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
Yogurt – 3/4 cup
Vegetable oil – 1/2 cup
Any chocolate health drink powder – 1/4 cup
Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 9×9 pan with butter or oil.
- Sift whole wheat flour, ragi flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, chocolate health drink in a bowl.
- In another bowl mix yogurt, oil , coconut milk, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Mix thoroughly till the sugar dissolves.
- Then add flour mixture slowly and mix till all blend together.
- Pour the batter in greased pan and bake to 20 – 25 mins or till tooth pick inserted in cake comes out clean.
- Let it cool down completely before taking out of the pan.
Recipe adapted from Here
- In original recipe she used jaggery and honey but I used sugar. And I replaced coconut milk in the place of milk.
- You can check the cake in-between 20 – 25 mins as each oven works differently. Mine was ready in exactly 25 mins.
- You can add any nuts of your choice.
- You can even frost the cake after completely cooling down.