This is a simple, easy yet yummy breakfast. You can always have your choice of veggies to make it more healthier.
Roasted Vermicelli – 1 cup
Onions – 1/4 cup thinly sliced
Carrot – 1 grated
Green peas – 2 tbsn ( fresh or frozen)
Dry red chilli – 2
Curry leaves – few
Channa dal – 1 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
Salt – as required
Oil – 1 tsp
Ghee – 1 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan. Crackle mustard seeds and add channa dal.
- When it turns golden, add onions, dry red chilli and curry leaves.
- Saute’ till onions turns translucent.
- Add carrot and peas. Add turmeric powder and give a nice stir.
- Cover and cook for few minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water. Add salt.
- Let water start boiling. Slowly add roasted Vermicelli along stirring.
- Stir vermicelli thoroughly.
- Cover and cook in medium flame till water evaporates or vermicelli is cooked.
- Add ghee and switch off. Give a stir.
- Serve warm.
- If you don’t have roasted Vermicelli, just roast normal vermicelli in ghee or oil till golden before adding.
- You can add veggies like corn, beans etc.