Disclaimer: This post contains affliated link. Check here to see disclosure.
Today’s recipe is an easy, quick snack or breakfast or dinner as we do. The only thing you have to have is Idli / Dosa batter. If you have the batter already, you can make this in jiffy.
Idli / Dosa batter – 5 cups or as needed
Carrots – 1 big size or 2 medium grated finely
Onions – 1/2 cup finely chopped
Dry Red chillies – 2 broken
Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
Channa dal – 1/2 tsp
Salt – as needed
Oil – 1 tsp to saute veggie and as needed to make paniyaram
- Heat oil in a pan. Crackle mustard seeds and add channa dal.
- When it turns golden add onions and broken red chilies.
- Saute till onion turn translucent.
- Add grated carrots and stir for few minutes. Add required salt and switch off.
- Add this mixture to the batter. Mix thouroughly.
- Now heat a Paniyaram pan. Add a tsp of oil in each hole.
- When its hot, drop a big spoon of batter to each hole.
- When one side is cooked ,flip other side using knife of skewer.
- Cook until both sides turn golden.
- Serve with your favorite chutney or Sambar.
- Instead of dry red chilli, you can add chopped green chillies.
- You can add chopped Curry leaves and coriander leaves.