As I said in my last post that I’m trying various juices and smoothies, here I come with Vegan Tropical ( sub tropical) Smoothie.
Thinking why Tropical and Sub tropical ? I added Orange juice in this. So orange comes in tropical or sub tropical? That’s a confusion . When I started to blog, I didn’t know that its a continuous learning process. Right from origin of the dish and different name of ingredients, am still learning. Before I post a dish I research about any details of ingredients I used. It’s a good thing , right? To keep yourself educated.
Now to the recipe, I call this Vegan because most of the smoothie recipes uses milk or yogurt as base . But here I used Coconut water. Do you think what happened to this Girl. Even last post she used Coconut Water? Yes I’m like obsessed with coconut water. Coming from the land of Coconut trees I love anything Coconut. Though I miss the real taste of Coconut water I’m at least convinced that i could get it in cartons. Using Coconut water also gives you the refreshing feeling.Try it , you will thank me later.
I used the fruits I had in my hand. You can always try your imagination. I give for serving One in this recipe. If you are making this for more people adjust ingredients accordingly.
Do you have any drinks which you tried recently and loved.
Orange juice – 1/4 cup ( freshly squeezed)
Mango chunks – 2 tbsn
Banana – 1 small
Coconut water – 1/2 cup or as required
Sugar – 1 tbsn
Salt – a pinch
- Squeeze juice from 3 small oranges and keep aside.
- Peel mango skin and cut into chunks.
- In a blender take 1/2 of orange juice,mango, banana, sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Pulse it for 30 seconds.
- Pour remaining orange juice and blend it for another 30 seconds.
- Pour it in a bowl. Add required coconut water.
- Best served chilled.
- I have given here recipe for single serving. So adjust ingredients accordingly to number of servings you make.
- You can adjust the amount of fruits you add to your preference.
- I didn’t strain the juice after blending. So there were banana chunks little bit. You can strain if you like.