This is an easy way of making jeera aloo I do. This can be had with simple rasam rice or curd rice. This is an accompaniment kids will love to have.
Potatoes – 2
Jeera – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – a pinch
Sambar powder – 2 tsp
Asafoetida – a generous pinch
Salt – as required
Curry leaves – few
- Cut potatoes in small cubes.
- Heat the pan,add oil and crackle jeera.
- Add chopped potatoes, turmeric powder, sambar powder, asafoetida.
- Cover it and cook in medium flame.
- No need to add water.
- When potatoes are half done add salt.
- Sprinkle water only if necessary.
- Add curry leaves. Let the flavour blend.
- Switch off.