This is a recipe I got from my dear friend Ammu. This is a Keralite dish which is not over spicy. My daughter loves it to have with rice or idli or dosa. This is best served warm with rice.
Raw mango – 1/2 chopped
Drumstick – 1 ( you can use frozen also)
Green chillies – 2
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – as required
Coconut – 1/4 cup
Jeera – 1 tsp
Shallots – 4 or 5 thinly sliced
Mustard – few
Dry red chillies – 2
Curry leaves – few
Coconut oil – as required
- Cut mango into small cubes and drumstick into small pieces.
- Slit green chillies length wise.
- Cook mango,drumstick and green chillies in required water.
- When it’s half done grind coconut and jeera to smooth paste.
- Add ground coconut to the veggies.
- Add turmeric powder and salt.
- When the raw smell goes take it out from flame.
- Heat a pan, temper items under ‘ to temper’ till shallots become golden brown.
- Pour it over the curry.
- Serve warm.