Channa are rich in protein. This is protein packed sundal. This can be had as after school snack or accompaniment with rice.
Black channa – 1 cup soaked overnight ( I used both white and black)
Onion – 1/2 cup finely chopped
Green chilli – 2 finely chopped
coconut – 1/4 cup grated
Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves – few
Oil – 1 tsp
- Pressure cook soaked channa for 2 or 3 whistles.
- Heat oil in a pan and crackle mustard seeds.
- Add onion, green chilli and curry leaves.
- Sauté till onions turn golden and add cooked channa.
- Stir it thoroughly. Add required salt and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add grated coconut and mix.
- Switch off after one minute.
- Serve with rice.