This is one variety of payasam which is so easy to make. This is special to me as my MIL appreciated a lot when I first made this. My daughter’s and husband’s favourite dish.?? . This is must in most special occasions. I believe everyone likes this.
Roasted Vermicelli/ Semiya – 1/4 cup
Water – 3/4 cup
Whole milk – 1 cup
Sugar – as required
Cashews – few
Dried grapes – few
Ghee – 1 tbsn
- In a deep pan or sauce pan, add water.
- When it starts boil add roasted Vermicelli.
- When it’s half cooked, add milk and let cook in medium flame till Vermicelli is cooked. Stir occasionally so milk doesn’t burn.
- After Vermicelli is cooked add sugar and let it cook for few more minutes.
- Take it off from flame. Heat another pan. Add ghee, when it starts heat roast cashews and dry grapes till golden .
- Add it to the payasam along ghee. Give a nice stir.
- Serve warm or cold.
- You can use plain Vermicelli too. But roast in ghee before adding to water.
- To add more flavour, add crushed cardamom directly while add roasted cashews and dry grapes.
- This gets thick when cools down, so adjust water or milk accordingly.
- If it gets thick add warm milk to get desired consistency.