This is one easily prepared upma, yet yummy. This can be a quick fix for your busy morning.
Poha / Aval – 1 cup
Onions – 1/2 cup chopped
Green chillies – 1 or 2 slit lengthwise
Channa dal – 1 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Asafoetida – a pinch
Curry Leaves – Few
Oil – as required
Salt – as required
- Clean poha two times in water and sprinkle some water along with some salt.Let it stay for about two minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and crackle mustard seeds.
- Then add channa dal. When it turns golden , add onions , asafoetida and curry leaves.
- When onion turns translucent,add turmeric powder and green chillies.
- Saute for a minute and add soaked poha.
- Mix thoroughly. Check for salt.Let it cook for a minute.
- Switch off. Serve warm.
- You can add some peanuts for crunchiness.
- When you add some cooked and chopped potato to this , becomes Aloo poha.
- When you add some cooked peas this,becomes Peas poha.