This is one yummy chutney to have with idli or dosa. This is loaded with the goodness of carrots.
Carrot – 1 big size or 2 medium
Onion – 1/2 cup chopped
Coconut – 1/4 cup grated
Ginger – a small piece
Dry red chilli – 1 or 2
Channa dal – 2 tbsn
Curry leaves – few
Coriander leaves – few
Tamarind – a small piece
Salt – as required
Oil – 1 tsp
- Peel and chop carrot roughly.
- Heat oil in a pan, add tamarind, channa dal.
- When channa dal turns golden,add onion, ginger, curry leaves and dry red chilli.
- When onion turns translucent add carrot and stir for few minutes.
- Then add grated coconut. Mix thoroughly.
- Stir for a minute. Add coriander leaves.
- Switch off and let it cool down completely.
- Grind it to smooth chutney in a blender along with required salt and water.
- Serve with hot idli or dosa.
- You can add shallots instead of big onion.
- Adjust red chilli according to your taste.