This is a gravy with whole goodness of spinach along yummy panner. This goes well with some hot rotis/ paratha.
Panner/Cottage cheese – 1/2 cup cubed
Palak/ Spinach – 1/2 cup packed
Onions – 1/4 cup chopped finely
Green chilli – 2
Garlic – 1 or 2 pods
Jeera – few
Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
Salt – as required
Oil – 1 tsp
- Blanche spinach leaves. Add spinach leaves in boiling water for five minutes. Drain it and keep aside.
- When it cools down grind along with green chilli and garlic.
- Put the cubed panner in warm water till use.
- Heat oil in a pan, add jeera.
- When it crackles add chopped onion and sauté till translucent.
- Add the ground spinach paste with required water, and garam masala.
- Let it boil till raw smell goes. Add panner cubes and required salt.
- Mix well. Let it cook for few minutes. Switch off.
- Serve warm.
- Adjust green chilli as per spice required.
- This gravy is little thick,so adjust water accordingly.