I had onion rings for the first time in a hospital cafeteria. From that I just loved it. I always wanted to try it. I gave it my touch using whole wheat flour and Indian flavour.???
Hope you love this version.
Onion rings – 10 to 15 (1/4 inch thickness)
Whole wheat flour – 1/2 cup
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Jeera powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
Salt – as required
Egg – 1
Bread crumbs – 1/2 cup or as required
Oil – to deep fry
- In a bowl take flour, red chilli powder, jeera powder, garam masala and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- In another bowl, beat egg and keep aside.
- In wok or kadai heat oil.
- Toss onion rings in the flour mix, then in egg, again in flour then in egg ( double coat), then in bread crumbs.
- When the oil is hot enough, fry the coated rings till golden brown.
- Drain it in the paper towel.
- Do the same with other rings.
- Serve warm with your favourite sauce.