Hi friends, I’m posting this from our new home. Yes, we moved to Kentucky, bluegrass state. Everything happened so fast. Within 1 week my husband’s office wants him to come to Kentucky. After a short hotel stay, now we moved to our home. ( Hotel stay are tough with kids and in laws). As our things haven’t arrived yet, we are adjusting with what we have. I believe it takes some weeks to get settled down in new place.?
Coming to today’s recipe, it’s simple,yet healthy and tasty dish. This is one staple food in Kerala. Can be had in different ways. Plain cooked , stir fry, with fish or chicken or we can even make biriyani. Yes, I’m talking about Kappa or tapioca. Kappa and Meen pollichathu is a divine combination.
Here I present simple Kappa stir fry. You can have this for breakfast or dinner or as a evening snack.
Kappa / Tapioca/ Yucca root – 1 medium sized
Onion – 1/2 cup chopped
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – few
Channa dal – 1 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Salt – as required
Oil – 1 tsp
- Peel off the skin of tapioca. Cut into half and pressure cook with required water, turmeric powder and salt for 2 or 3 whistles.
- When it’s done, drain the water. Cut tapioca into small cubes.
- Heat oil in a pan. Crackle mustard seeds, add channa dal.
- When it turns golden add onions and curry leaves.
- Stir till onions turn transparent. Then add cooked tapioca. Add salt if necessary.
- Serve warm.
- You can serve this as such or with fish or chicken curry.
- You can add grated coconut too.