Kollu Sundal / Horse gram stir fry is a nutritious rich and easy stir fry. This is the one you have to try if you are in a weight loss diet.
In this cold weather, body needs something to keep warm. Horse gram is one legume which have many medicinal value. It gives warmth to our body. It is widely used in South Indian cuisine.
Here I give you a so simple stir fry, which you can have as an accompaniment for rice or as a snack like I do.
How to make Kollu Sundal / Horse gram Stir fry
The main thing to remember is to wash horse gram thoroughly and remove stones and impurities. Then pressure cook it and temper. I love to add lots of grated coconut.
Other accompaniments for you
Kollu / Horsegram – 1 cup
Onion – 1/2 cup finely chopped
Coconut – 1/4 cup grated
Curry leaves – few
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – as required
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 1 tsp
- Soak horsegram overnight. Then wash it 2 or 3 times. ( Check for impurities. Remove any.)
- Pressure cook horsegram with required water for 3 whistles.
- Drain horsegram. (Save the cooked water for making rasam or other curry)
- Heat oil in a pan. Crackle mustard seeds.
- Add chopped onions and curry leaves.
- When it turns translucent, add turmeric powder and red chilli powder.
- Stir for a minute and add cooked, drained horsegram.
- Add required salt. Mix thoroughly and let it cook for few minutes.
- Add grated coconut and mix thoroughly for a minute.
- Switch off. Serve along with any rice or have as snack.
- Instead of red chilli powder, you can add dry red chilli or green chillies which ever you prefer.
Pin Kollu Sundal
Did you try this recipe? Then please do snap a picture and share it in Instagram with #lathiskitchen. I would like to see and share your creation.
Do you love this recipe? Then share it and you can also follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram for regular updates. Do not forget to subscribe us to get the yummy recipes right into your inbox for free.
If you liked this recipe,please do say few words in the below comment box and rate it which makes me to try new recipes.