This is a humble, simple coconut thuvayal. Coconut thuvayal along with some hot rice in a cold weather is heaven.( Those who haven’t tried, should give a try)?.
Coconut – 1/2 cup grated
Channa dal – 2 tbsn
Urad dal – 1 tbsn
Dry red chilies – 2 or 3
Garlic pod – 1
Asafoetida – a generous pinch
Curry Leaves – few
Coriander leaves – few
Tamarind – a small pinch
Salt – as required
Oil – 1 tsn
- Heat oil in a pan. Saute urad dal, channa dal.
- When it turns golden ,add dry red chillies, curry leaves. Add asafoetida.
- When it turns dark ,add grated coconut. Saute till golden.
- Add coriander leaves.Switch off.
- When it cools down blend it along with tamarind and required salt to coarse chutney.
- Serve along with hot rice.
- Add only little water while blending.