I know winter is coming to an end and I’m posting soup at this time. But soup can be had in any season ?. Chicken along with some veggies, this is so comforting with the flavor of ghee.
Hope you like it.
Chicken pieces – 6 to 8 ( preferably with bone)
Onions – 2 tbsn chopped
Carrot – 2 tbsn chopped
Ginger – 1 tbsn finely chopped
Garlic – 2 pods
Jeera seeds – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Ghee – 1/2 tsp
Water – 2 cups
Salt – as required
- Heat a pressure cooker pan. Add ghee.
- When it melts, add jeera seeds. When jeera crackle add onions, ginger and garlic.
- Saute’ for a minute. Then add carrots.
- Give a stir. Add chicken pieces and turmeric powder.
- Stir for two minutes. Add two cups of water and required salt. Cover the pan and pressure cook for 3 or 4 whistles.
- Switch off. Open the lid after pressure released.
- Shred the chicken using fork or laddle. ( You can skip this if you like)
- Serve warm with required pepper powder.
- You can use oil instead of ghee.
- You can add peas, corn or beans along this.