One most common thing we get from our relatives in abroad ,when they visit us is Butter cookies. We used to save that box too. Even now we love it. So how you feel, when you know you can make those crumbly cookies in home. Here I give you a healthy version of butter cookies. I adapted this from Here.The only thing I changed is using whole wheat flour in the place of All purpose flour.Try these and you will fall in love with this.
Whole wheat flour – 2 cups
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Sugar – 1 cup
Egg – 1
Unsalted butter ( softened) – 1 cup
Vannila essence – 1 tsp
Baking powder – 1/4 tsp
- In a bowl sift whole wheat flour, salt and baking powder.
- In another bowl, beat butter till creamy.
- Then add sugar and beat till fluffy.
- Then add egg and vannila essence. Mix it till combined.
- Add flour slowly little by little. Mix thoroughly.
- Divide the dough equally and roll out to a log. Cover in a cling sheet or foil and refrigerate for atleast 4 hours.
- Pre heat the oven to 350 deg F.
- Take a log out and cut to 1/4 inch thick pieces.
- Arrange these in baking tray with space between each.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes till turn golden.
- Cool these completely before storing in air tight containers.
Can you see how crumbly it is.
Adapted from- Here
- The cookies will be soft even done. But once cooled it will be crispy.