This is a humble, simple coconut thuvayal. Coconut thuvayal along with some hot rice in a cold weather is heaven.( Those who haven’t tried, should give a try)
Coconut – 1/2 cup grated
Channa dal – 2 tbsn
Urad dal – 1 tbsn
Dry red chilies – 2 or 3
Garlic pod – 1
Asafoetida – a generous pinch
Curry Leaves – few
Coriander leaves – few
Tamarind – a small pinch
Salt – as required
Oil – 1 tsn
- Heat oil in a pan. Saute urad dal, channa dal.
- When it turns golden ,add dry red chillies, curry leaves. Add asafoetida.
- When it turns dark ,add grated coconut. Saute till golden.
- Add coriander leaves.Switch off.
- When it cools down blend it along with tamarind and required salt to coarse chutney.
- Serve along with hot rice.
- Add only little water while blending.
Did you try this recipe? Then please do snap a picture and share it in Instagram with #lathiskitchen. I would like to see and share your creation.
Do you love this recipe? Then share it and you can also follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram for regular updates. Do not forget to subscribe us to get the yummy recipes right into your inbox for free.
If you liked this recipe,please do say few words in the below comment box and rate it which makes me to try new recipes.