This dish I had for the first time in my friends place at a birthday party. When I asked her for the recipe, she readily shared with me. Thanks for her.
Coming to the recipe, this is a crispy fry you can have along with any variety rice.
Lady’s Finger/ Okra – 1 cup thinly sliced
Gram flour – 1/4 cup
Rice flour – 1 tbsn
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder – 2 tsp
Curd – 2 tbsn
Asafoetida – a generous pinch
Salt – as required
Oil – for deep fry
- Mix all the ingredients except oil.
- Deep fry in batches till golden brown.
- Serve warm with any variety rice.
- After mixing all the ingredients, immediately fry. If kept aside the fry will not be crispy.
- When you drop Okra, the oil must be really hot. After that keep it in medium flame.
- You can replace curd by squeezing 1/2 lemon.