This is an easy and simple stir fry. Methi leaves are known for its nutritional value. It’s rich in vitamins, proteins, calcium. Hope you all try this.?
Methi leaves – 1 cup tightly packed
Onion -1/2 cup finely chopped
Coconut – 1/4 cup grated
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Asafoetida – a generous pinch
Salt – as required
Oil – 2 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Channa dal – 1 tsp
- Wash methi leaves and drain it. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan temper items under’ to temper’.
- When channa dal turns brown, add onions and sauté till golden.
- Add all spice powders and sauté for a minute.
- Add washed methi leaves, stir and cook covered.
- Stir occasionally. Do not add water.
- When it’s cooked add salt and coconut.
- Stir for a minute and switch off.
- Serve with rice.