I know winter is coming to an end and I’m posting Chicken soup at this time. But soup can be had in any season . Chicken along with some veggies, this is so comforting with the flavor of ghee.
Here I made the Chicken soup along with some veggies to sneak in your kids diet. It is mild in flavor, so your kids love it too.
Chicken pieces – 6 to 8 ( preferably with bone)
Onions – 2 tbsn chopped
Carrot – 2 tbsn chopped
Ginger – 1 tbsn finely chopped
Garlic – 2 pods
Jeera seeds – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Ghee – 1/2 tsp
Water – 2 cups
Salt – as required
- Heat a pressure cooker pan. Add ghee.
- When it melts, add jeera seeds. When jeera crackle add onions, ginger and garlic.
- Saute’ for a minute. Then add carrots.
- Give a stir. Add chicken pieces and turmeric powder.
- Stir for two minutes. Add two cups of water and required salt. Cover the pan and pressure cook for 3 or 4 whistles.
- Switch off. Open the lid after pressure released.
- Shred the chicken using fork or laddle. ( You can skip this if you like)
- Serve warm with required pepper powder.
- You can use oil instead of ghee.
- You can add peas, corn or beans along this.