Hi friends, wondering where I’m? Being busy with back to school initial days and dealing with some health issues, couldn’t concentrate in blogging. Now on hope to blog regularly..Let’s see. Today we are going to see Indian Style Penne Pasta as a Guest Post by one of my good friend Jayashree.
Indian Style Penne Pasta
I met Jayashree in a FB group. I never thought that FB food group will be a medium to meet many wonderful people.Jayashree is an enthusiastic blogger from India. She believes in living life to the fullest. She loves cooking and trying her hand at new dishes. Her blog consists of vegetarian dishes which are easy to prepare and healthy. She is the author of three cook books, “South Indian Breakfast”, “30Tasty Dal Recipes” and “Breadbasket”. They are available on Amazon. She blogs at Evergreen Dishes where she have awesome healthy dishes.
When I approached her to write for my blog she readily accepted and sent a wonderful Pasta recipe for us. I’m so glad to have Jayashree in my humble space. Over to her.
Hello all,I am indeed happy and honoured to write a guest post here. Thankyou Lathiya for the opportunity. Pasta is the favourite of all children and today, I present the Indian version of it.
Indian Style Penne PastaIngredients:
- 2 cup penne pasta
- 6 cups water
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon green chilly, ginger and garlic paste
- 2 tomato
- 1/2 cup mixed veggie
- 2 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon chilly powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chat masala
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper powderMethod:
- Boil water in a pan. Add a little salt and oil to it. Put the pasta to it. Let cook for three minutes. Once it is cooked, remove in a colander and pour cold water over it.
- Cut the onion, tomato and veggies. I have used beans, carrot and green peas.
- Make a paste of green chilly, ginger and garlic
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin, as it splutters, put the onion to it. Saute it .
- Add the ginger garlic paste.
- Put tomato to it. Let cook until mushy.
- Add the veggies to it. Saute it and let cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add salt, tomato ketchup, chat masala, chilly powder and pepper to it.
- Let cook for a few seconds.
- Add the cooked pasta to it.
- Mix and heat it for sometime.
- Garnish with fresh coriander, serve hot.