This is one yummy stir fry where you get the goodness of both carrot and beans. Great to have along with rice.
Carrot – 2 medium sized chopped finely
Beans – 1/2 cup chopped finely
Onion – 1/2 cup finely chopped
Coconut – 1/4 cup grated
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Salt – as required
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Channa dal – 2 tsp
Curry leaves – few
Oil – 1 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan and crackle mustard seeds.
- Add channa dal. When it turns golden,add onions and curry leaves.
- When onion turns translucent add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and stir for few seconds.
- Add chopped carrot and beans. Mix thoroughly and cook covered in medium flame. Stir occasionally so it doesn’t burn.
- When it’s half done add salt. Cook covered till done.
- Add grated coconut and mix thoroughly.
- Let it cook for a minute. Switch off.
- Serve with rice.