Potato Podimas/ Mashed Potato Stir fry
Are you an ardent Potato lover like me? Then here is one more yummy recipe to add it in your list, Potato Podimas / Mashed Potato Stir fry.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 4 People
- 3 Nos Potato Medium Sized
- 1/2 Cup Onions Finely Chopped
- 1/2 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Channa Dal
- 3 Tbsn Grated Coconut
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 Tsp Red Chili Powder
- Asafoetida A generous pinch
- Curry Leaves Few
- 2 Tsp Oil
- Salt As required
Pressure cook Potatoes 3 or 4 Whistles.
Peel the skin and mash it coarsely. Keep It aside.
Heat oil in a pan. Crackle mustard seeds
Add Channa dal. When it turns golden, add finely chopped onions and curry leaves.
When onion turns golden,add turmeric powder, red chili powder and asafoetida.
Add mashed potatoes and saute till the spices are coated well. Keep scraping the bottom as the potatoes would stick.
Add required salt and grated coconut.
Switch it off.Serve along with rice and your favorite curry.
- You can pressure cook or in a pot the potatoes.
- Adjust spice according to your taste.
- Instead of red chili powder, you can add chopped green chili.