Vegan Pumpkin Falafel
In these Vegan Pumpkin Falafel,I have added roasted pumpkin to the rest of the ingredients.I roasted the pumpkins in oven with some spices and grounded along the chickpeas.
Prep Time25 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Resting time20 mins
Total Time45 mins
Servings: 16 Nos
- 1 Cup Chickpeas Soaked & Drained
- 1 Cup Onion Chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- Cilantro Handful
- 2 Tsp Cumin&Coriander Powder
- 1 Tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 4 Tbsn Bread Crumbs
- 2 Tbsn Chickpea Flour Dry Roasted
- Sea Salt As required
- Oil To Deep Fry
To Roast Pumpkin
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Cubed
- 2 Tbsn Olive oil
- 1 Tsp Chili Flakes
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1/2 Tsp fennel seeds Crushed
Pre heat oven to 375 Deg F.
Mix all ingredients under 'Roast pumpkin'.
Spread it in a baking tray and roast in pre heated oven for 25 mins.
Once done,let it cool for a minute.
Then, take all ingredients except bread crumbs and flour in blender.
Just pulse it coarsely.
Remove the mixture to a bowl.
Add bread crumbs and flour. Mix it and leave it in refrigerator for a while for the mixture to get firm.
When ready to make,heat oil in a pan.
Make small balls out of the mixture and deep fry till golden brown.Serve warm
To Air Fry
Pre heat the air fryer to 350 Deg F.
Brush the falafel balls with oil and air fry for 20 minutes.
Turn over falafels once in midway.
- The falafels will be crispy when it is warm.
- If you want to make big batch,make the balls the previous day and you can freeze it. When you are ready to make,just thaw it and deep fry.
- The air fried Falafel differs in taste and texture from the deep fried ones.
- You can serve this inside a wrap or you can have this as a snack.