This Semiya Upma is a simple, easy yet yummy breakfast. You can always have your choice of veggies to make it more healthier.
Upma is a famous Indian breakfast which is made quickly when you have a time constraint. This is a tricky dish which when made perfect, tastes delicious. But when you make it little mistake, it will be terrible. So to make perfect, try this recipe.
Other breakfast for you
Roasted Vermicelli – 1 cup
Onions – 1/4 cup thinly sliced
Carrot – 1 grated
Green peas – 2 tbsn ( fresh or frozen)
Dry red chilli – 2
Curry leaves – few
Channa dal – 1 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
Salt – as required
Oil – 1 tsp
Ghee – 1 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan. Crackle mustard seeds and add channa dal.
- When it turns golden, add onions, dry red chilli and curry leaves.
- Saute’ till onions turns translucent.
- Add carrot and peas. Add turmeric powder and give a nice stir.
- Cover and cook for few minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water. Add salt.
- Let water start boiling. Slowly add roasted Vermicelli along stirring.
- Stir vermicelli thoroughly.
- Cover and cook in medium flame till water evaporates or vermicelli is cooked.
- Add ghee and switch off. Give a stir.
- Serve warm.
- If you don’t have roasted Vermicelli, just roast normal vermicelli in ghee or oil till golden before adding.
- You can add veggies like corn, beans etc.
Pin Semiya Upma
Did you try this recipe? Then please do snap a picture and share it in Instagram with #lathiskitchen. I would like to see and share your creation.
Do you love this recipe? Then share it and you can also follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram for regular updates. Do not forget to subscribe us to get the yummy recipes right into your inbox for free.
If you liked this recipe,please do say few words in the below comment box and rate it which makes me to try new recipes.