Beetroot have many health benefits. They are highly nutritious. Try this simple stir fry to have along with your lunch.
Beetroot – 1 1/2 cup peeled and grated
Onion – 1/2 cup chopped
Coconut – 1/4 cup grated
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Salt – as required
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Channa dal – 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves – few
Oil – 1 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan and crackle mustard seeds.
- Add channa dal. When it turns golden add chopped onion and curry leaves.
- When onion turns translucent add turmeric powder and red chilli powder.
- Stir for a minute and add grated beetroot.
- Cook covered in medium flame. Stir occasionally.
- When it’s half cooked add salt.
- When beetroot gets cooked add grated coconut, stir for a minute.
- Switch off. Serve along with rice.
I’m submitting this recipe to https://cookandenjoyrecipes.wordpress.com for their recipe exchange initiative. Please visit their site and do join for recipe exchange https://cookandenjoyrecipes.wordpress.com/2016/09/09/update-fellow-bloggers-sharing-is-caring-recipe-exchange/