I try to include veggies in most of the dishes my kids love. They both love chapathi/roti, so here I made carrot chapathi ?. This goes well with any vegetable gravy or chicken gravy.
Whole wheat flour – 1 1/2 cup
Potato – 1 small or 1/2 big
Carrot – 2 medium sized
Salt – as required
Warm Water – as required to make dough
Oil / Butter – to smear
- Pressure cook or microwave peeled potato and carrot till cooked well. Mash it smooth and keep aside.
- In a wide bowl, take whole wheat flour , mashed potatoes and carrots and required salt.
- Mix thoroughly to give a crumbled texture.
- Add water little by little and knead to a soft dough. Cover and let it rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into small balls. Roll it out to thin roti using rolling pin.
- Heat tawa. Smear butter or oil. Cook roti both sides till brown spots appear.
- Serve with your favourite gravy. Check out some of my gravy Here and Here