This is an easy side dish to have with some rice. Even if it’s easy, the caramelized onion gives a yummy taste.
Recipe for Egg pepper fry
Eggs – 4 hard-boiled
Onion – 1/2 cup thinly sliced
Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – few
Salt – as required
Pepper powder – 1 to 2 tsp
Oil – 1 tsp
- Peel off the skin of hard-boiled eggs and cut into half.
- Heat oil in a pan and crackle fennel seeds.
- Add onions, curry leaves and sauté till golden brown.
- Add salt and pepper. Stir for few seconds.
- Add eggs the cut side facing down. This helps the yolk not come out of the white.
- Let it stay for a minute and flip it.
- Let it stay till brown spots appear.
- Switch off. Serve.
- Adjust pepper powder as required.