After making Vegetable biriyani successfully using boiled ponni rice, I got confidence to make other rice varieties using it. This time I made Vegetable Pulao and it also turned great.
This Vegetable Pulao is so easy to put up and the rice cooker makes the job easy for you. As I said earlier, I made this using boiled ponni rice. You can make this recipe using biriyani rice too. Only thing you need to note is the water ratio. If using biriyani rice, use 1: 2 rice and water ratio.
Other rice recipes
Boiled ponni rice – 1 1/2 cups
Water – 2 cups
Coconut milk – 2 cups
Carrot – 1 big finely chopped
Green Peas – 1/4 cup ( I used frozen)
Onion – 1/2 cup thinly sliced
Green chilli – 2 slit lengthwise
Ginger garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
Bay leaf – 1
Cinnamon stick – a small piece
Cloves – 2
Cardamom – 1 or 2
Butter – 1 tsp
Oil – 1 tsp
Salt – as required
- Soak rice for 30 mins and drain water. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil and butter in a pan. When the butter melts add bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cloves and cardamom.
- Stir for few seconds and add onions ,green chillies. When onions turn translucent add ginger garlic paste.
- When the raw smell goes add carrots and green peas. Stir and cook covered for 2 minutes.
- Add drained rice. Stir thoroughly. Transfer to the rice cooker.
- Add water and coconut milk. Add required salt. Switch on rice cooker.
- When done serve along with your favorite gravy.
- You can add cashews and raisens while sauteing onions.
- You can add only water or change water , coconut milk ratio as per your choice.
Pin Vegetable Pulao
Did you try this recipe? Then please do snap a picture and share it in Instagram with #lathiskitchen. I would like to see and share your creation.
Do you love this recipe? Then share it and you can also follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram for regular updates. Do not forget to subscribe us to get the yummy recipes right into your inbox for free.
If you liked this recipe,please do say few words in the below comment box and rate it which makes me to try new recipes.